Monday, December 12, 2016

EOC Week 10 My Plans

Some of the most interesting people I have met, have no clue at the age of 40 what they want to be when they grow up. At 33 I have no certain idea of what it is exactly that I want to be.  I am currently attending culinary school after serving 13 years in the USAF. The one thing I am certain about was that I enjoy cooking, and that I enjoy seeing the expression on people’s faces when they eat my food. I am pursuing a degree in culinary management which Is going to give me a couple of years to kind of figure it out. I’m not certain if I want to be an executive chef or a restaurant manager or maybe even a food truck owner.  I do know that I have a wanderlust eagerness for the world, something I obtained during my time in the military. I have read a few books and watched a few shows that involve the chef, Anthony Bourdain. He has given me the courage to just explore, whether it’s trying new foods, drinking new spirits or meeting new strangers.  That’s the gift the world has to offer and that’s something everyone can do. So I would say ultimately “My plan” would consist of trying new foods, drinking new spirits or meeting new strangers! If we were to discover life on another planet, I would like to think everyone would want to see that new world, see the new “people” ,try the new foods and possibly discover a new type of hangover.
“If I'm an advocate for anything, it's to move. As far as you can, as much as you can. Across the ocean, or simply across the river. Walk in someone else's shoes or at least eat their food. It's a plus for everybody." Anthony Bourdain 

No comments:

Post a Comment